Nno! (Welcome in Igbo)! I am so glad you are here.
My name is Mimi (short for Mmiliaku = Spring of Wealth). I was born in Oklahoma, USA and raised in Nigeria where my love for culture and diversity was cultivated. Growing up, I was very artistic and creative; from knitting to helping my family plan large events of 5,000+ guests. Though I enjoyed all these, education was paramount especially having a mother who is a Law Professor.
During my early years at law school, my obsession for organization, fine details and solving complex problems were harnessed, and now religiously applied in planning and executing amazing events. As a lover of people with strong passion to care, I launched my first business, Concierge de La Cascades, LLC after my dad suffered a near death experience years ago. This experience opened my eyes to the need for providing access to quality care especially in Nigeria. Its success paved way for La Cascades Events, now “Mimi Ebichi Events Inc.” where our passion to plan meaningful and inspiring events thrives.
While my goal is to be your source of comfort throughout the discovery, design (planning) and delight process, it is my quest for unity that allows me to work at ease with all cultures and tastes. My commitment to you is to serve with HEART and embrace your vision with LOVE. This you will experience on your big day as you will mostly find me calm and shining my hearty smile. You may also catch a glimpse of me at the back nodding or even doing a little dance because my heart becomes full at the sight of you and your guests enjoying the best night you’ve dreamed of.
Just because I love life, you will mostly find me in stylish, modern and beautifully organized spaces with contagious laughter (so, I heard!). My style is best described as modern classic often combined with African prints. I draw inspiration from God daily, luxury wedding publications, accomplished and satisfied professional and most importantly personal experience. My professional experience which spans over 7 years has equipped me with great resources, deep understanding of the industry, great vendor relationships and incredible access to distinguished clientele world-wide. It is safe to assume that I live and breathe all things beautifully curated and mostly weddings!
- I love and adore my heavenly father. You’d find me in church most Sundays and worshipping in my car and any space I find (so therapeutic).
- I am a home girl with great love for family + culture. Next to God is my husband, parents, siblings and friends. They are my rock and ultimate support system.
- I am an only daughter and totally a daddy and mummy’s girl till date.
- Starbucks vanilla latte served extra hot (no foam) or Iced is my daily juice.
- I’m usually in an outfit that has blue, gold, orange, pink, and yellow. Actually I love all colors.
- I’m a foodie; usually keeping the fridge clean and spacious for my husband’s deliciously made Nigerian meals.
- My favorite event is, WEDDINGS! Because I love family and I get to start the journey of a new life and new family with my couples.
- My favorite wedding moment is: All of it really, but I have soft spots for father-daughter dance as I am a daddy’s girl, and the big reveal of event space etc.
- My largest Wedding planned had 3000 guests.