Nno! (Welcome in Igbo)! I am so glad you are here.
I'm Mimi (short for Mmiliaku = Spring of Wealth, originating from the Igbo tribe of Nigeria). My love for flawlessly organized and excellently executed events was harnessed as a child where I watched my royal family host multiple events. Wedding planning is passion, and my purpose is to encourage and celebrate LOVE by telling your story... and I love every bit of it!
Obsessed with fine details, culture, African prints, architecture, colors and lavish decor. I apply logic and reasoning; a skill sharpened in Law School, as well as, problem solving skills acquired in corporate America to plan, design and execute flawless events.
I believe in God, therefore I believe in LOVE. I believe in my calling. I believe in you, and I can't wait to tell your LOVE story.
While my goal is to be your source of comfort throughout the discovery, design and delight process, it is my quest for unity that allows me to work at ease with all cultures and tastes.
My commitment to you is to serve with HEART and embrace your vision with LOVE. This you will experience all through the process and most especially live it on your big day as you will mostly find me calm and shining my hearty smile.
You may also catch a glimpse of me at the back nodding or even doing a little dance because my heart becomes full at the sight of you and your guests enjoying the best day and night you’ve dreamed of.
Just because I love life, you will mostly find me in stylish, modern and beautifully organized spaces with contagious laughter (so, I heard!). My style is best described as modern classic often combined with African prints. I draw inspiration from God daily, luxury wedding publications, accomplished and satisfied professional and most importantly personal experience. My professional experience which spans over 9 years has equipped me with great resources, deep understanding of the industry, great vendor relationships and incredible access to distinguished clientele world-wide. It is safe to assume that I live and breathe all things beautifully curated and mostly weddings!
- I love and adore my heavenly father. You’d find me in church most Sundays and worshipping in my car and any space I find (so therapeutic).
- I am a home girl with great love for family + culture. Next to God is my husband, parents, siblings and friends. They are my rock and ultimate support system.
- I am an only daughter and totally a daddy and mummy’s girl till date.
- Starbucks vanilla latte served extra hot (no foam) or Iced is my daily juice.
- I’m usually in an outfit that has blue, gold, orange, pink, and yellow. Actually I love all colors.
- I’m a foodie; usually keeping the fridge clean and spacious for my husband’s deliciously made Nigerian meals.
- My favorite event is, WEDDINGS! Because I love family and I get to start the journey of a new life and new family with my couples.
- My favorite wedding moment is: All of it really, but I have soft spots for father-daughter dance as I am a daddy’s girl, and the big reveal of event space etc.
- My largest Wedding planned had 3000 guests.
- Largest wedding budget to date is $49 million with 800 guests in a 7-day span.