There is no denying that Washington is one of the best cities to get married in. If you are looking for a sign to marry in this wholesome city, go for it! Today we are showing you reasons why weddings in Washington are surprisingly unique.
Washington DC is the inclusive community that we all need. Regardless of your political affiliations, they still give out your marriage licenses. This is an assurance that no matter where you and your partner stand, you can still get your license here. That goes to show that everybody, regardless of color, can get married in Washington!
Since we mentioned inclusivity, Washington takes pride in recognizing the LGBTQ+ community by honoring same-sex marriages. That’s one whole major reason to get married in the best city!
Booking hotels for your wedding guests will not be an issue at all. In Washington, you will never run out of room accommodations because there are literally hotels on every street!
Your guests would love the city!
If you marry in Washington, you will never have to worry about entertaining your guests. There are lots of museums, cozy rooftops, and five-star restaurants. You will never run out of things to do while you are in the city.
Since Washington is the heart of museums, restaurants, backyard mansions, and romantic rooftops, choosing a wedding venue will be as easy as pie. There are literally many options to choose from, especially when you want to consider your wedding budget and guest size.
Not only is inclusivity the best feature in Washington, but it is also the perfect city for when you want to do a multicultural wedding. Food in Washington is very diverse; so much that its cuisine fits just perfect for any culture-specific cuisine. You want to skip chicken or beef on your menu? No problem!
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Mimi Ebichi Events is not your typical wedding planner. We take pride in delivering the best multicultural weddings in Washington DC and nearby cities through our utmost commitment and immeasurable service.
By the time that you are reading this, you are probably bombarded with a lot of questions in your mind. Aside from the fact that you are flying high with ecstatic visions of a blissful wedding, the responsibilities that come with wedding preparations may overwhelm you a lot. As the days go nearer leading to the big day, the anxiety gets bigger and more real, especially in the budgeting department.
Fret no more, because we have narrowed down some helpful tips in pulling off a budget-wise yet intimate wedding celebration for you.
1. What kind of wedding do you really want? It is best to determine the type of wedding, to begin with. When you envision your wedding, what do you see? A sacred ceremony at the church? An intimate exchange of vows in the garden? Or a spontaneous celebration at the beach during sunset? If you need a little more inspiration to pump up your creativity, think about all the weddings that you attended before, seen on television, scrolled through on Pinterest, and the like. However, do not get all fed up with all the details just yet. The goal here is to focus on how you feel about the type of wedding that you want to consider.
2. Have the “talk”. Both parties who will shell out money for the wedding need to have a serious, sit-down conversation about setting a total budget. In this way, you will become well aware of the types of services to avail of and vendors to negotiate with. While setting a budget surely is a tricky task, it is a lot easier if you could do a breakdown into categories and figuring out what percentage to devote to each category. Say, for example, 55% goes to the reception, 12% for the ceremony, and so on. Also, this might be your first experience budgeting together with your future spouse, what a priceless experience, right? Learning the importance of honest and open communication in the money department is going to lay the groundwork for managing your finances once you are married.
3. What is non-negotiable? Once you have made the percentages, take time with your fiancé to contemplate on the things that are nonnegotiable for your wedding. This can start with coming up with a top-three must-haves for your big day. They can be a garden ceremony, an outdoor reception, or a live jazz band – anything you deem is VERY important to the both of you.
4. Make room for allowance Once you have set a wedding budget, it is best if you could give it a little allowance too. As we all know, there will be unexpected expenses along the way and your budget will determine how well you could attend to such expenses. Take these expenses into consideration by putting the extent of range into your budget. This way, you have the flexibility to handle any sudden expenses. Lastly, your wedding celebration is a huge event that demands extensive planning, that is why it is helpful to determine what you can get for a certain dollar amount. What does $5000 get you? How about $10,000? $15,000?
5. Determine your venue wisely. Considering the reality that the venue eats up the largest chunk of your budget, a simple outdoor venue can do the trick for you. If you are a couple who does not mind having a very simple yet intimate reception, you can host this ceremony at your home, your parent’s home, or a park nearby. The point is, an outdoor ceremony in your own space creates a personal meaning that eliminates the need for a grand, elaborate one.
6. Contingency is key. If you do decide to have an outdoor event, make sure to have at least three backup plans in case things do not work in your favor. The unpredictable weather can dampen your day, so make sure that you come up with a handy plan B or equip the place for it to become rain-proof.
Mimi Ebichi Events give utmost value to your celebrations – whether big or small. We not only plan your big day, but we also make sure to provide a contingency plan for the most unexpected events along with the preparations. For our team, your hard-earned money deserves a celebration that is worth the memories and a lifetime.
Whether you like it or not, wedding mistakes are very common in the industry. Albeit there are things beyond your control throughout your wedding journey, there are loopholes that you can avoid upfront. Much to your surprise, even the most organized couples make mistakes during the wedding planning journey. Today, we will talk about how such mistakes can be avoidable, or how to deal with them anyway.
1. Going beyond your budget You can (and chances are, you will) be guilty of this! Imagination is the limit when planning out a wedding. However, the downside of this is the tendency to go over the initial budget by booking too many vendors and suppliers, and later on realizing the overwhelming costs accumulated. The right way to plan a wedding is to set a strict budget before even planning. This budget will be the grounding rule for every decision that you have to make.
2. Letting other people decide for you We guess we won’t have to explain this much to you. Although it is nice to hear suggestions from your closest ties, the final call still rests upon you as a couple. The soon-to-be-weds gets to call the shots for which kind of wedding party, theme, or ceremony they will be having. The danger of letting other people decide for you is the possibility of unnecessary blaming when things do not go the way as planned.
3. Centralizing your fashion budget solely on The Dress Say you have set $1,500 for the wedding outfit. This $1,500 will be dispersed in the veil, accessories, hair and makeup, dress alterations, and sometimes even mannequin rental. Not to mention the tax and handling fee on top of the dress and suit too. The point is, although it is very tempting, do not put all the fashion budget solely for purchasing The Dress as there are many other factors to weigh in too.
4. Sending out invitations too soon We understand that you are very excited to tell everyone the good news, but do not send out the save-the-date cards yet until you have finalized your guest list. Moreover, invitations are sent out eight to ten months prior to the big day, and only to those people whom you are positive will be invited and will actually attend.
5. Late bookings Booking late for hotel accommodations is the number one common mistake of couples. Do not leave the task of securing room accommodations for out-of-town guests to the last minute of your wedding. If you plan to marry during the busiest seasons of the year, it is a must to book in advance (a year in advance is the safest move). The 8th-month mark of your wedding planning signifies that you should now have finalized the hotel arrangements for your guests and include the important details in their invitation cards.
6. Not hiring a professional wedding videographer Some couples overlook hiring a wedding videographer simply because they are yet to realize the significant roles of videographers during their wedding day. Although it is tempting to believe that all your guests will more likely bring a camera with them and capture every important detail of the celebration matched with your Instagram hashtags, it could never compensate for the service of a professional wedding videographer. From our previous post about the importance of investing in a wedding videographer, we mentioned that your videographer is well equipped with coordination of motion to best capture the day without you having to exert much effort anymore.
7. Not asking enough questions And this could also apply to those couples who ask the wrong questions too! One of the skills of a professional wedding and event planner is the mastery of negotiation and communication with various vendors and suppliers. Hiring a wedding planner will help you ask the right questions when dealing with vendors and suppliers. This includes (but not limited to) availing their bundle package, seasonal sale, service discounts, and sometimes even modifying some of their package inclusions.
8. Too many people on the guest list Another classic horror story for soon-to-be-weds is inviting too many people on their wedding day. Always keep in mind that your guest list, as well as your venue’s maximum capacity, should always match up, with respect to your budget. Of course, we cannot invite 500 people if we assume a maximum capacity of only 200. As much as you would want all of your friends and families to witness your big day, there are factors (budget, venue, accommodations) that we have to consider. Read about making a checklist when drafting out your wedding guest list here.
Making mistakes throughout the course of your wedding preparations is perfectly inevitable and normal. While some may easily pass off as no biggie, there are things that are best managed with the help of a professional wedding planner instead.
Mimi Ebichi Eventsis committed to giving you quality service and assistance from the onset of your wedding preparations up to the moment of your send-off. With Mimi Ebichi, we value our customer’s satisfaction by giving them more than what they pay for – creativity, reliability, and efficiency in service.
A Do-It-Yourself Wedding is every couple’s dream and nightmare rolled into one. While you can only do as much, putting out so many tasks in your hands can lead to a catastrophic and stressful preparation when handled poorly. One of the things that you MUST invest in is hiring a reliable, efficient, and versatile wedding planner. These are the reasons why a dream wedding is always paired with a good wedding planner.
1. They are god-sent. Period.
Behind every perfect wedding out there is a busy-bee wedding planner. Wedding planners are problem-solvers, they sort out all issues and also foresee how to prevent them. These issues vary from the pre-wedding, the wedding itself, and even up to the post-wedding celebrations. You may not realize it now, but having a wedding planner is like getting a ‘third eye’ at the backstage of your wedding celebrations. They provide the most honest advice and full-time assistance; they simplify things so that tasks can be bearable for you along the way.
2. They are so into detail.
As mentioned earlier, your wedding planner is your ‘third eye’ behind the stage. They take care of all the big and small details of your wedding, from gathering the entourage to finding that one missing candle for your candle bearer. Your wedding planner literally takes on the ‘umbrella’ tasks and roles of your wedding preparations that you may foresee before, during, and after your wedding. They take care of the things that may be minute and non-existent to the couples in their wedding preparations.
3. They are the kings and queens of organization skills.
When you first plan your wedding, an overflow of ideas plays in your mind. These ideas may naturally be unconnected and abstract at first. Your wedding planner sorts out these ideas to make them concrete and feasible ones and gradually execute them from there. Not only do they project their organization skills, but they also supplement your ideas with their creative minds based on their craft and experience.
4. They ease the stress and anxiety that comes from the wedding prep.
Although unavoidable, the service and expertise provided by your wedding planner somehow ease the glaring amount of tasks and responsibilities that come from planning a wedding. For instance, these planners will provide you with a pool of vendors and suppliers so you won’t have to spend so much time scouting for them one by one. Not only do they provide you with connections, but they also take charge of communicating with them. Think of them as a one-stop-shop for your dream wedding.
5. They make everything seem ‘doable’
No matter how much a certain task can seem huge and impossible, your wedding planner divides the labor into bite-sized pieces so you can digest it one by one. All credits go to their training, skills, and experience that will provide you with a service and pool of connections so you won’t have to spend so much time and effort on achieving that dream wedding. They create a roadmap or a timeline of events for the duration of the preparation to avoid cramming and overlapping of tasks. These people manage to take it to step by step as you go near the big day without compromising their quality of service.
As you may not know yet, your wedding planner will do most of the talking and negotiation to all your chosen vendors, suppliers, and basically the people involved in your wedding. They spare you a lot of time doing these errands and you’d be surprised to know how they do it even better and faster!
7. They stick and work with your budget.
Wedding planners are also known for being the most resourceful person in the room. They make do with whatever available resources they have (and even more!) without sacrificing your budget. Working on a budget demands careful planning and excellent negotiating skills to achieve the kind of celebration that comes with it. This can be a difficult task so it is best that you leave these in the hands of your professional planner who can adapt to your timing and budget.
8. Results are always guaranteed.
You may want to consider hiring a planner based on the word of mouth – a referral from your friend who was recently a client of the said planner, a famous influencer whose wedding inspired yours, or a family or friend who had been a colleague of that wedding planner. These prior clients and encounters will help you initially assess a wedding planner’s skills, etiquette, and creativity. More often than not, a wedding’s outcome can already speak volumes for the skills that you are looking for a wedding planner.
9. They bring value and distinction.
When you hire a wedding planner, the overall outcome of your celebration becomes more intricate and well-spirited to all the people involved. You will leave your beloved guests with the impression that this is a well-thought-of wedding and that they deserve to be one of the few people who witness it.
10. They make sure that your wedding is truly a celebration.
Your wedding is a turning point in closing a chapter in your life and entering a new one. Naturally, the preparation comes with bombarding tasks and responsibilities. When you invest in a reliable wedding planner, you allow yourself to experience your dream wedding into a genuine celebration and not merely a bunch of tasks and social responsibilities that you just have to get by and get it done. This is the common cause of the wedding journey. The months nearing your big day can make you feel like the preparation and wedding itself is nothing but a chunk of overwhelming work that you have to fulfill in settling down to marriage.
At Mimi Ebichi Events, we uphold the value of making our clients our top priority. We believe that you deserve to enjoy the celebration you worked hard for in and return it by delivering and offering full assistance to all your wedding needs.
Weddings can be financially-challenging during this time of the pandemic. From wedding invites to the reception, wedding preparations may cost more. In light of this, most couples often overlook hiring an official videographer. If not overlook, some tend to scout for a good videographer a few weeks before their big day. Nonetheless, below are some of the most practical reasons why it pays investing in a good videographer that’s worth every cent of your hard-earned money.
1. Videographers are a sucker for details. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime moment and so it goes by fast. Every moment counts and that is why hiring a videographer gives you an assurance that all the most kept moments and details of your wedding will be captured. A good videographer knows how to catch every detail like the lace and pearls on your wedding dress, the flowers you walked past when you had your first look, and the table arrangements at the reception. Mind you, even the moment when your partner catches a glaze from the wedding altar towards your direction will also be captured. These detail shots are incorporated into your wedding video to capture the essence of your day.
2. There are enough movements and coordination in videography.
It is your videographer’s duty to capture the most awaited motion of your big day. Your first kiss, first introduction, and your first dance as a married couple. More than that, you will be able to capture your parents’ message, your friends’ well wishes, even your uncle’s crazy dance moves. People age and life goes on after your wedding, but your captured moments and memories with your guests during this significant day will serve as your time capsule that you can reminisce in the future.
3. Your videographer takes talent in putting music arrangements in your video. More than the impressive camera angles and timely shots, your official wedding videographer will make sure to put the right groove and jazz to suit the mood of the captured moment. This is why it is very important to hire a wedding videographer because it further adds sensation and art to your most endearing moments like your first kiss, first toast, exchange of vows and promises, and heartwarming messages from your guests.
4. Your wedding videographer is your second lens throughout the day. Wedding videographers literally move around during your wedding. While blending into the setting, videographers bounce around to film some parts of the celebration that you may not see. You and your SO will be able to watch how you two got ready for the day, the bride can rewatch the expression of her father as they walk down the aisle together, and you can see your guests’ endearing reactions as they wait and watch for your walk down the aisle. Simply put, your videographer is your second lens to capture the moments that you were not able to witness during the entire day.
5. Videographers continue to hone and upgrade their skills for your big day. Not known to many, wedding videographers take much of their time in improving their craft one wedding after the other. As some of you might ask why it is still preferable to hire an official videographer considering the number of guests with their handy smartphones and cameras, it is because covering such a significant event requires not only immeasurable skill and talent but also state-of-the-art equipment and devices. Much more than this, it also requires good time management to go from both ends (bride’s and the groom’s) and still be able to come up with a same-day edit video. All these and more are the practical reasons as to why a couple must invest or at least set aside a considerable budget to hire a wedding videographer.
At Mimi Ebichi Events, we believe that we are at our best in giving you a wedding that’s as smooth as how you wanted it to be. We understand that this is a significant chapter of your life that you are about to enter and we want your celebrations to be nothing but blissful.