For a clearer roadmap on how to build the wedding ceremony of your dreams, we are sharing here today a useful checklist to follow. Timelines are given to serve as a guide.
- Discuss and decide on general ceremony preferences.
- Research religious requirements for pre-marital counseling and others, as needed.
- Review the marriage license and any requirements for the location of your wedding.
- Confirm readers for the ceremony and share with them appropriate information.
- Begin writing your own vows, if desired.
- Review ceremony details and decide on the ceremony standing order for the bridal party, processional & recessional order and reserved seating.
- Start working on your ceremony programs.
- Prepare marriage license application & any required paperwork.
- Finalize your ceremony programs.
- Finish writing your vows.
- Designate ushers for the ceremony.
- Confirm witnesses for the marriage license, if required.
- Purchase a suitable pen for a marriage license or certificate signing, if you desire.
- Obtain a marriage license.
1 Week Before:
- Review seating details with ushers and provide a list of guests as needed.
The most important thing when planning your wedding ceremony is to discuss what matters to both of you as a couple. What traditions do you want to honor in your own families, and which ones you want to include as a personal choice. Afterall, a wedding is the beginning of a shared life together.
For more information, advice, and tips on wedding planning, book a free consultation with Mimi Ebichi.
Why Choose Mimi Ebichi Events?
Mimi Ebichi is a professional wedding planner in the DC, Virginia, and Maryland areas. Our team has a wealth of experience and success stories in both local and international wedding events. We specialize in multicultural weddings.
As event designers, we deeply value relationships, culture, and trust. Hence, we strive to provide the most stress-free, and beyond-your-imagination wedding experience whether that is a hometown or a destination wedding.